Concise guide to computer security and privacy.
; Fandom :
NoneGenre, Nonfiction : ComputersOther Languages:
Challenges: None; Series: None
Chapters: 5; Completed: No
Word count: 6405 Read: 625
Published: Jul 22, 2013 * Updated: Jan 31, 2017
Story Notes:As of 2017 you should stop using the previously recommended Mozilla. Try Palemoon, waterfox, or brave.
1. Part I : OS, antivirus, and basic protection by TMB [Reviews - 3] (676 words)
2. Part II : Cache me if you can by TMB [Reviews - 2] (837 words)
Computers and browsers store secret data. Nothing on your PC is deleted.
3. Part III : Browsing by TMB [Reviews - 1] (1323 words)
4. Browsing : Part II by TMB [Reviews - 0] (1394 words)
5. Part IV : Social Media and Tracking Technology by TMB [Reviews - 0] (2175 words)
I didn't write on this for a long while, and the internet is changing a lot in the years in between.